Occupational Health and Safety Management System
SAE Magnetics (H.K.) Ltd. is the largest independent manufacturer of magnetic recording heads for hard disk drives being used in computers and increasingly, in consumer electronics such as digital video recorders, MP3 players, or even mobile phones.
In order to demonstrate its commitment to Occupational Health & Safety, SAE invited TQM to assist it to get the certification and TQM has been helping SAE to maintain its occupational health and safety management system since then.
- Assist SAE to establish and implement an occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS), to improve occupational health and safety awareness (through training) and performance within the company
- Provide guidance and suggestions on Safety Objectives, Management Programs, Emergency Plan, Measurement, Monitoring Plan and Training Plan
- Provide guidance on the use of personal protective equipment, set up the mechanism for a safety inspection, safety promotion and contractor control
- Assist to establish a Safety Management Committee comprising of management and staff alike to take care of the safety issues
- Successfully achieved certification from HKQAA with distinguished results
- Developed a documented OHSMS system as the basis of the implementation of the system
- Improved the occupational health and safety situation of SAE, including the establishment of a dangerous goods store, etc.