Logistic Giant Impressed By TQM’s LEAN Services
Since 1972, DHL Express was the first international air express company to operate in Hong Kong and provide air express service. DHL Express not only has an extensive business network covered global but also has a deep understanding of culture in different markets, which enable it to provide high-quality service and innovation projects for customers.
As the leader of the world logistics industry, the top management in DHL fully realized the commercial discipline that learning is like rowing upstream. To further improve the awareness of management, management elites met in Hong Kong convened by Mr Peter Levesque, Vice President of International Supply Chain Asia Pacific of DHL, to attend intensive training jointly held by TQM and City University of Hong Kong.
- Design and deliver an intensive training course of LEAN Management applicable for the logistics industry
- Introduce 7 Mudas in the logistics industry
- Introduce time, motion and method study
- Explain how to apply LEAN Management technology in logistics management, such as set up time reduction and so on
- Gained a general idea of LEAN business
- Management agreed to apply LEAN management in logistics
- Enhanced the LEAN awareness of management
- Broadened the horizon of staff