November 20, 2023
Achieving Excellence in IT Product Development & Service
The Hong Kong Jockey Club (HKJC) is one of the oldest and most prestigious institutions in Hong Kong. Founded in 1884, HKJC is a non-profit organisation that provides horse racing, sporting and betting entertainment, as well as recreational facilities for its prestigious membership in Hong Kong. It represents Hong Kong’s largest taxpayer, as well as the largest community benefactor with its Charities Trust recognised as one of the top 10 global charity donors since 2015.
Behind HKJC’s world-class horse racing and unforgettable entertainment lies a symphony of business-critical systems, that are created, maintained and orchestrated by the phantom hands of its IT Department.
To satisfy their need for operational excellence, minimize system downtime and improve service delivery, the IT Department invited TQM to review their current practices, establish HKJC’s first ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS) around their operations and to successfully attain the certification.
- Conduct interviews with process executors and task owners to outline the current process flow
- Identify gaps on the current operations to certification
- Mapped HKJC’s operations and activities with standard’s requirements
- Embedded existing process documents to QMS Documents with an aim to minimize redundant paperwork
- Provide training and guidance on the system implementation
- Conduct internal audits for the team and provide corresponding improvement suggestions and guidelines
- Successfully implemented QMS with “Zero Non-Conformance”
- Enhanced staff’s awareness & ability to cope with risks
- Provide practical advice for improvement to meet ISO requirements
- Provide unlimited support to the team in the process of ISO9001 Certification
- Fostered a culture of quality management & continual improvement among HKJC staff